HEATKEEPER Radiator Panels are energy saving radiator reflector Panel that reflects the wasted heat energy radiated from the rear of a radiator back into your room.
Heatkeeper radiator reflector panels have a unique "saw tooth" design to reduce heat loss through walls in three ways:
METALISED SAW-TOOTH RADIATOR PANELS - THE PRINCIPLES INVOLVED
- The metallised surface reflects back the radiant heat to both internal and external wall radiators so that the water returns to the boiler hotter causing it to fire less frequently. 60% of a radiator's output is radiant heat.
- Still air is trapped behind the panel profiles and the wall to ensure the panel does not conduct heat into the wall.
- The patented panel profiles cause a cold air gap in front of the panels, eliminating turbulence in the rising warm air and directing it away from the wall into the room giving better heat distribution and reducing stratification.
Heatkeeper Radiator Reflector panels are a flexible PVC panel with an aluminized surface, Heatkeeper Panel is strong and durable and will not be damaged by normal handling.
Heatkeeper Panels comply with all required BS Fire and Safety requirements applicable within the EU. Class 1 surface spread of flame when tested in accordance with BS476 (Part 7: 1971, section 2) These panels are accredited by Ofgem for EEC schemes.
Heatkeeper radiator insulation panels are most effective where the gap between the wall and the radiator is greater than 20mm, where the gap is less than 15mm you may need to remove the heater to fit the panel.
Heatkeepers Reflectors Panel features
- Energy saving and reduction of fuel bills .
- The enhanced heat distribution, reduces radiator heat up time and eliminates cold spots.
- Discolouration above the radiator is reduced.
- Brand: Lake Manufacturing Ltd
- Type : Radiator Reflector Panel
- Dimensions: 580mm high x 450mm wide x 8mm deep
- Weight: 75g per panel (approx)
- The Heatkeeper radiator panels are designed for domestic use, and should only be used with hot water heating systems.
- An industrial variant of this panel and mini panel available.
In The Box
- Radiator Reflector panels
- Double sided tape
- Installation instructions
Endorsed by the Energy Savings Trust .
Average expected savings approved by under the Carbon Emissions Reduction Target (CERT) programme. These savings are attributable and are ratified by Ofgem in the CERT 2008-2011 Technical Guidance Manual.
Radiators are generally installed in properties are inherently inefficient users of energy and poor providers of room heat and comfort. Installation of metallised saw-tooth radiator panels increases the efficiency of radiators in both respects.
Energy Saving Benefit
By reflecting radiant heat back into radiators the water returns to the boiler hotter causing it to fire less frequently. Still air is trapped behind the panel profiles and the wall to ensure the panel does not conduct heat into the wall.
Room Comfort Benefit
The panel's saw-tooth profile stimulates convection currents that improve the room's heat circulation and help eliminate cold spots.
Independent studies by world-renowned organisations indicate that on average the energy saving performance is c.20% heating costs. There is a large data base of empirical evidence from tests in real buildings to support this conclusion